- Respect your wishes, by dedicating your donations to the cause of your choice
- Manage your donations strictly and provide regular updates on how they are being used
- Surround ourselves with the foremost experts to select our projects
- Publish a revised financial report every year
Code of ethics
Art. 1 : Use of donations
- para. 1 The funds collected are used to accomplish the objectives of the Foundation.
- para. 2 Donations subject to restrictions or designated for particular purposes are used for the purposes for which they were given.
- para. 3 If it proves necessary to reallocate these funds, other uses will be considered together with the donor. If the Foundation is unsuccessful in contacting the donor, the donation will be used in a way that matches the donor’s initial intentions as closely as possible.
Art. 2 : Acceptance of donations
- The Foundation will not accept donations originating from natural persons or corporations whose activities seem to be of a questionable nature, based on the known facts.
Art. 3 : Donation follow-up
- para. 1 Donors whose names are known to the Foundation will automatically receive a thank-you note for any donation above 50 Swiss Francs.
- para. 2 Donors whose names are known to the Foundation will receive an official receipt at the end of the year for tax purposes – automatically for any donation greater than an amount set by the Council, or by request.
Art. 4 : Donations confidentiality
- para. 1 Donor-related data shall be treated as confidential information.
- para. 2 The Foundation will respect the anonymity of donors who request it.
- para. 3 The Foundation undertakes not to sell, rent, or exchange its donors’ addresses or other contact information.
Art. 5 : Respect of privacy
- The Foundation shall heed the requests of its current and potential donors in its policies on communicating with them, particularly with regard to frequency or means of contact.
Art. 6 : Transparency and right to information
- The Foundation shall regularly, at least once per year, inform its donors and/or members of its activity.
Donors have the right to receive, upon request:
- the most recent annual report and financial statements adopted by the Foundation Council
- the name of the accounts auditor
- a copy of this policy.
They have the right to ask and be told if the person fundraising for the Foundation is a volunteer, an employee, or a contracted fundraiser.
Art. 7 : Conditions
The Foundation’s fundraising efforts endeavor to:
- be objective
- present information appropriately and without exaggeration
- indicate clearly the goal of the fundraising
- respect the dignity and privacy of the people for whom donations are solicited
- respect the free choice of donors, as well as their wishes.
Art. 8 : Obligations
Individuals who solicit or collect funds in the Foundation’s name are informed that they should:
- respect the stipulations of our current code of ethics
- behave in accordance with all applicable laws
- respect the applicable provisions of the codes of professional ethics
- stop soliciting a potential donor who so requests
- immediately notify the Foundation of any potential conflict of interest
- not accept any donation for ends that are incompatible with the objectives or mission of the Foundation.
Art. 9: Management
The Foundation’s financial affairs shall be responsibly managed in accordance with the ethical obligations of management and with legal requirements.
Art. 10 : Annual report
Annual financial reports :
- shall be prepared in accordance with FER 21 principles and standards
- shall declare the total amount of fundraising costs (including salaries and general expenses)
- shall declare the total amount of expenditures made for charitable activities.