YOU BECOME A DONOR OF THE PRIVATE FOUNDATION OF THE HUG WITH ONE SIMPLE DONATION.
Whatever the amount, we will respect your wishes and will allocate your donation to the area you would like to support.
- Give wherever needs are greatest
- Give to medical research
- Give to patient comfort, patient well-being, and quality of care
- Give to projects in humanitarian medicine
How do I make a donation?
- At the bank, by wire or electronic transfer: IBAN CH75 0483 5094 3228 2100 0
- At the post office, by wire or electronic transfer: CCP 80-500-4
- At the main register or hospital reception desk
- To the Geneva University Hospital healthcare staff
- In one of the Foundation’s donation boxes, located in the reception area of each hospital site
I made a donation; what happens next?
- If you have included your contact information with your transfer, in the envelope you gave to hospital staff, at the main register or reception desk, or in the Foundation’s donation box at the hospital, we will send you a thank you note confirming that we have received your donation. We will also send you a tax receipt at the end of the year so you can deduct the amount of your donation on your tax return.
- The members of the Foundation Council will choose the project that meets your wishes. The Foundation follows up on every project it funds and ensures that your donation is used well and the project is conducted properly.
- Every year in the summer we publish our activity report, which introduces the projects that have been supported thanks to the generosity of our donors.
MAKING A DONATION IN MEMORY OF A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER
We suggest you include the following statement when you publish the obituary: "In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to the Private Foundation of the Geneva University Hospitals, which supports medical research and the quality of patient care. Donations can be made to CCP [post office account] number 80-500-4, Credit Suisse - IBAN CH75 0483 5094 3228 2100 0".
Upon the donor’s request, we can send a card to the grieving family when the donation is received, to express condolences and inform the family of your kind gesture. The amount of the donation will not be disclosed.
MAKING A DONATION IN HONOR OF A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER
Provide us with your friend’s contact information. When we receive your donation, if you wish we will send a card to your friend informing them of your kind gesture. The amount of your donation will not be disclosed.
PLANNED GIVING AND BEQUESTS
When you include the Foundation in your estate, you help us to pursue our mission and you do your part for life. You can make a donation during your lifetime or provide for a donation in your will. Donating entitles you and your heirs to tax deductions.
The Private Foundation of the HUG is recognized as a public utility and therefore is exempted from inheritance taxes in the canton of Geneva.
To be valid, your will must be written out entirely in your handwriting (holograph) or else be brought before a notary (public testament). We are here to help if you need more detailed information about these points.